Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Word for Wednesday

I am adding a new weekly post, "The Word for Wednesday." I am going to post a Bible verse each Wednesday that will hopefully encourage you in some way. I would love for you to post a verse and what it means to you or what God is doing in your life in the comments section.
Today's verse is...
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
We are all so busy and stressed with all the things we have to do as wives, mothers, and friends. I think this verse is telling us to rest in the knowledge that God is who he says he is and we can have peace even when things are busy and stressful. I hope this week and in the upcoming holiday season you will take time to be still and know that He is God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

That is awesome...I love that verse!!! I think "The Word for Wednesday" is great! I'm excited to read the new verse every week!

Love ya,

Abby

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite verse! Psalm 46:10 has provided me so much comfort, peace, and assurance regardless of the situation I am in. God is good; and He is good all the time!

Thanks for your encouragement, Kelly. You are a very dear friend!

Love, Kelly