
This is my 100th post. Time flies when you are having fun blogging! I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving from the boys and share their Thanksgiving artwork. With all of this precious artwork coming home each week, it gets a little overwhelming deciding what to keep and where to store it. Does anyone have any ideas or things you do with your children's artwork? I would love some ideas. Hope you all have a good afternoon! Love, Kelly
9 comments:
I have a couple of tuxedo boxes (I nabbed them out of the dumpster when we where moving). I only save 1-2 pcs a child per "season". The other ones I give to grandparents or sometimes they accidentally make their way to the recycling depot. =)
100 posts...WOW! Time does fly!!! That is such cute art work from the boys. Ok here's some advice from me...
When Dylan brings home school work or art projects I save almost all of it for a while. I put 1 or 2 things on the fridge and store the rest in a file. Then after my file gets full I go through all of it and only keep what is still really special to me. I put the really special things in Dylan's scrapbook and others I put in his memory box. I try not to save too much though because it gets overwhelming. I actually end up throwing a lot of it away but I do keep the really cute things! Hope that helps! Love ya!
Kelly- I went to toystogrowon.com and ordered one of the "My Keepsake Portfolio" and it is great. I can store things in it by years and it holds a lot of things but doesn't take up that much room. When I get things I just date them and store them in the folder. It is great! Go online and check it out. They will even personalize it for your child.
-Kari
100 posts, you are our inspiration! I hope to see Libby's boyfriends soon! Miss you so!
-Kel
I'm not sure what to tell you to do with it. Andy's mom kept most of his stuff, which we now have in a closet. I was thinking of taking digital pics of his "art" and storing it in a project photo album.
Congrats on your 100th post! I've been saving Kate's projects in a big tupperware container. I'm going to have to weed out some things though because it's already overflowing. I love all the boy's turkeys....too cute!!
Kelly- I don't keep anything. We talk about it each day and if they really love it. I take a picture with them holding it and put it in the scrapbook. Sometimes if it is little I will keep it and use it for the background in the scrapbook. I don't like clutter
Kelly, I kept everything from birth to five years in a box. It is labeled "Makenzie's stuff birth to five years" and it has her cards she received and any/all artwork. After school started, we put one art project in the scrapbook per year. If it something great, we take a picture of them holding it up and then put it on the fridge for a week or two, then move it to the trash when they are not looking. It is too much too keep for sure. But, the one box from birth to five is so special...I have not let go of it. Annette
Take two pieces of poster board and staple them on three sides. Use heavy cord to to tie handles on each side. You can stuff to your heart's content for the school year. Label the outside with name and year. Hang it up to save for a future rainy day/year. Get it out and sort for what to keep in memory books.
Post a Comment