What's for dinner? This is a hard question for us mothers of young children, so I thought we could help each other out. I am starting something new on my blog. I am going to try to post a quick and easy recipe on my blog each Friday. I would love for you also to post a recipe to share on the comments section of this post. If you do not have a blog address, all you have to do is enter as anonymous and then write your name at the end of your recipe. Hopefully we can all get lots of new recipes. Okay, my first recipe is...
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Boil 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts until fully cooked and chop into bit size pieces
In a deep cooking pot on the stove, mix cooked chicken together with:
1 small bottle of Russian dressing(you can use Polynesian dressing if you can't find Russian),
3 Tablespoons of Apricot preserves, and
1 Packet of Lipton French Onion Soup Mix
Heat until evrything is warm
Serve over Rice
Hope you enjoy! Kelly
5 comments:
Don't forget to post your recipe!!!
That sounds delicious! I think I might try this recipe soon!
OK, I am not a young mother, but I AM a working woman, lol, and I have a great recipe to share! It is straight out of the April 2006 Southern Living and I have already made it twice for entertaining purposes and got rave reviews both times! It also freezes beautifully for up to one month:)
CHICKEN TETRAZZINI:
1 (16-oz.) package vermicelli
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of celery soup
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1 (6-oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Return to pot, and toss with chicken broth.
2. Stir together chicken and next 8 ingredients; add vermicelli, and toss well. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
***I just fixed this last Thursday night for a girls' night it to watch Gray's Anatomy. I fixed a loaf of french bread with it and a fruit salad and it was delish!
Great idea, Kely!
Love you!
Lindsay
Kelly,
I love the recipe section!
Lina
Great idea Kelly!! This is similar to the recipe above, but we love easy one dish recipes!! I actually haven't tried to cook this yet myself, but I've had it at the restaurant and it's yummy.
Pasta Milano from Macaroni Grill
Ingredients:
1 tbl. Butter
½ cup Mushrooms, Sliced
3 wt oz Sliced grilled chicken
1 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes
¾ cup Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
8 wt oz (dry weight)Bow Tie Pasta, cooked 1 Sprig Italian Parsley
Directions:
1. In a sauté pan, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms until tender, about 30 seconds.
2. Add the sliced chicken and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté with mushrooms until heated.
3. Add the roasted garlic Alfredo sauce and 1 tbls of the Parmesan. Heat and stir well until the cheese has melted.
4. Place the bowtie pasta in the pan with the Alfredo mixture and mix well.
5. Place all on a plate and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian parsley.
Post a Comment