Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Word for Wednesday

Deuteronomy 5:12 "Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all you work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God."

A Day for Rest-sounds good to me. But why do we all (me included) still rush around on Sundays? We try to get caught up or get ahead for the next week. I was challenged this morning in Bible study to make Sunday different from the other days. It is a special day to spend with God, family and friends. We can go to church, pray, relax, reflect and renew during this special day. I know we are all busy as moms, but if the God of the universe took a day to rest, then we should too. Our homework today was to pray and ask God what changes we could make to our Sundays in 2008. I am going to do this and I challenge you to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Sunday challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly-
I really loved that. A few of the girls brought that up in group this morning as well, BSF, and it is such a great thing to remember.

you are such a great Mom!

Tracy